Two more days and the 2016 will be here! Wow that was fast!
2015 has been a big year for me. I got married and moved to a different state. I am still settling down adjusting to new place, new lifestyle, weather etc. I am excited about all the new things coming my way in 2016. I look forward to starting a new job, meeting more relatives and friends on my husbands side of the family, making new friends and building a new life with my husband.
But with the New Year around the corner and everyone thinking about New Years resolutions I started to think about the changes or improvements I personally want in 2016. I don’t want to set the bar too high and put too much pressure on myself to achieve my goals within a short period of time. If I did that its almost like setting myself up for failure from the start. Instead of dramatic changes I want to continue to make gradual changes, develop some healthy activities that will become habits and have long term impact. In short I want to make lifestyle changes, shifts in attitudes that will have a positive influence on how I live my life and help me get more out of it.
So my New Years resolution (?) is an ongoing commitment to be a better version of me in line with last years commitment. As a result I intend to continue my efforts to have a healthy body, mind, spirit and lifestyle by-
- being thankful for all things that come my way even when things are not going my way.
- Being patient, kind, loving and forgiving towards myself.
- Having some “me time” every day to meditate, write or volunteer. In short continue to focus on things I am passionate about.
- maintaining a steady regular work out schedule
- cooking and eating healthy, sleeping well
- watching my thoughts and continuing to explore stress coping mechanisms that work for me
- traveling more and investing in experiences and creating memories instead of spending on acquiring more stuff
- being in the present moment, feeling content and having a positive mindset at all times
- De-cluttering my schedule thereby creating more quality time for myself and loved ones
- Keeping it simple and real by continuing to have less, need less, spend less and do less
- instead of spending more time taking care of the mundane (the more stuff I have the more time I have to spend taking care of it) I would rather invest more time in people and causes by spending quality time with family and friends and getting involved with the community
- Focusing on depth and quality of life, relationships and living space rather than quantity
I am hopeful that in 2016 I will see much personal growth as I have in 2015:)
©2015, Vani Murthy. All rights reserved